Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby Stages

So, still no pictures, but I am adding it to my list of things to do....

A friend and I were discussing babies soon after I went back to work after having John. She has a son that is a little younger than Nettie. When she had returned to work a co-worker asked if her son had started sleeping through the night. When she said he had jsut started the co-worker (who had 3 kids) said "Wow, that stage is already complete". Of course, when you are living the middle of these stages you don't think they are EVER going to end.

I was just cleaning out the dishwasher and cursing the MANY bottles that I put away each time I clean it out, and began to smile. I have decided that babies and parents go through stages. I am sure that many people have already realized this, but since John is my last baby, I am starting to let go of the baby stage and embracing the toddler stage, without looking back. When Nettie was this age we were excited for all the new things that she would do, but also knew that someday we would get to see all those firsts again. But while cleaning out the dishwasher today I realized that I only have a couple more months of putting those darned things away!

It is exciting to see John as he is becoming his own person and learning about everything. Nettie and John and I went to the symphony today with our friends the Goldbergs. Nettie enjoyed the music, watching the conductor and seeing all the instruments. John was especially intrigued, watching all the musicians and other kids. We got to sit on the stage the entire time which was a fun experience.

I will try to post pictures this week, the kids are both getting big, John will be 1 in 3 weeks! We hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: